Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2020

News Trend My Homemade Cranberry Apple Crisp|Actual

Eat this crisp with a generous portion of vanilla ice cream and you will be transported directly to heaven. Well. Hopefully, just your taste buds will make the trip for now.

Oh sure. You've heard it all before.

This dessert is uh-MAZE-ing

You've never tasted anything so yummy.

Trust me, I could eat the whole thing.

I'm not even going to waste your time with those predictable accolades.

Because I've got the ultimate proof that my homemade cranberry apple crisp truly deserves a gold star. Though my family craves a batch of this crisp every other month or so, I need not lift a finger. This stuff is so soul-satisfyingly delicious, they make it themselves.

Dead serious. Maybe twice in the last decade, I've actually whipped up a batch of this lip-smacking goodness with my own two hands. But just last night, I washed out the baking dish from yet another rousing remake,

Yep. A dessert that makes itself. This one really is that good.

* * * * *

Taken from a wrinkled, creased and dog-eared page in my copy of Jane Brody's Good Food Book:

1. Mix together in a large bowl:

3 cups cranberries (That's one 12-ounce package. I stock up at Thanksgiving and keep them in my freezer year round.)

dua large apples, cored and sliced thin. (Leave the peels on. So much easier.)

1/dua cup sugar

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 tablespoon flour

2. Transfer the mixture to a greased, 6-cup shallow baking dish.

3. In the same bowl (no need to wash it), combine:

tiga tablespoons flour

3/4 cup rolled oats, regular or quick

1/2 cup walnuts (Half the time, we're out of walnuts, and forge bravely on without them.)

Stir and then add:

tiga tablespoons butter, melted

4. Mix together well - the mixture will be crumbly - and spoon over the top of the fruit mixture.

5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree panggang for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the crisp cool for 10 minutes before serving.

And for the love of all things holy, please do not forget the ice cream.

* * * * *

Ready for more stories about my most dearly beloved, tried-and-true homemade meals?

My Homemade Lasagna

My Homemade Macaroni and Cheese

My Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs

My Homemade Grilled Cheese Sandwich

My Homemade Cold Tuna Noodle

My Homemade Beef Stir Fry

My Homemade Beef Stew

My Homemade Parmesan Chicken Nuggets

My Homemade Enchiladas

My Homemade Chicken Salad

My Homemade Cranberry Apple Crisp

My Homemade Pasta Primavera

My Homemade Pad Thai

My Homemade Quiche

My Homemade Potato Salad

My Homemade Cobb Salad

My Homemade French Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment