Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

News Trend New Life|Actual

This is me holding my newborn baby brother when he was just a few days old.

I have always had a thing for new life.

Everyone loves Easter

It's a day to celebrate baby bunnies and daffodils and pastel-colored eggs hiding in grass still wet with morning dew.

In simple terms, Easter is about new life, and everyone can get excited about that.

Now, I know that some Christians get a little frustrated about this. While other folks are nibbling on chocolate rabbits and snapping photos of spiral-cut ham, they want to talk about dying on a cross and an empty tomb and a dead man who stands up and walks.

And I understand that, to a point. I'm all about that resurrection life.

But here's the thing. For some people, that story is too much to handle. In fact, for the first thirty years of my life, I cringed at that story. I wasn't ready to wrap my head around a gritty Easter tale of violence and murder. I needed fuzzy ducklings, sweet-smelling lilies, and a bowl full of jelly beans to get me through the day.

Now, I love the full meaning of Easter Sunday, But rather than pushing back against the Easter basket crowd, I'm convinced more than ever that they have a handle on the truth.

If Easter is about anything at all, it's about the joy of new life.

May we celebrate this beautiful day in all its blessed forms.

* * * * *

More Easter stories? Yes.

Easter All Over Again

About Easter

Ham Dinner

New Life

The Gifts Of Easter

What I Know About Easter

What Is Easter Dinner?

Easter Dinner

Good Friday

Maundy Thursday

Easter Morning In Malaysia

Easter Eats

The Very Colorful Easter Art

Better Than Bunnies Part Two

Better Than Bunnies Part One

No comments:

Post a Comment