Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

News Trend Surprise!|Actual

^ "After a dip in the kiddie pool, I like to lay out in the sun. Does that work for you?"

^ "Here, Kitty Kitty,"

^ "I will stay here while you cook....but only if I can hold your hand. Um foot."

"I missed you while I was sleeping. Now please cuddle meeeeee."

^ "So you say we're going to take this walk every day? Fine by me."

^ "I think I can learn to like it here."

I had no idea this was going to happen.

I had no idea that I'd get a call on Saturday morning from a neighbor telling me about an Irish Setter who desperately needed a new home.

I had no idea I'd ever consider taking a rescue dog.

I had no idea that my heart, still grieving my sweet Ranger, would tell me to buck up and make room for this new dog.

I had no idea that I would know deep in my bones that this particular dog was meant to be mine.

I had no idea that I would get my family to. Buy into this crazy plan in 24 short hours.

I had no idea that this new dog, who has been through so much change and upheaval in her two and a half years of life, would fall so madly in love with me in a single day.

I had no idea that I was ready to love her back.

But a lot has happened in a very short time. And right now, as a big red dog sleeps peacefully on the floor alongside my bed, I am happy that everything turned out exactly as it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment