Pages

Friday, December 18, 2020

News Trend Joyful Flags|Actual

When I was in India, I made lots and lots of art.

Correction. The Indian princesses made lots of lots of art, and I stood back in awe. I also ran for extra paper and washed the paintbrushes in the end, but that's no matter.

And within just a few days, the girls of Joy Home had produced a perfect storm of beautiful paintings, more than their walls could hold. So in my never-ending quest to string the world with garlands, I took a heap of extra artwork and converted the masterpieces into paper flags.

We festooned them all around the house.

But I also held a few back; just enough to make kecil-garlands for foster mom Natty, myself, and the three other women who were visiting at the same time.

Mine is currently hanging above my American front door.

Although I am far, far away from the love and laughter of Joy Home, the memories of my days there flood my heart each time I pass underneath.

And that is a very nice feeling indeed.

* * * * *

Here is the full story of my trip to Hyderabad, India and my visit with the Indian Princesses:

Under The Same Sun

Indian Princesses

Art Is Art

Puzzles

Primary Colors

A Meal To Remember

Do Hard Things

Rooftop Supper

Getting There

Trust Me, This Will Work

On The Balcony

At The Market

Content

Water And the Word

Sanctuary

Walks In The Sun

Playing With Sticks

Indian Sunset

Charminar: The Mosque And The Monument

Charminar: The Shops

Full Circle

Oh So Special

Priyanka And Me

Together

Three Fantastical Deserts

Three Things About India

No comments:

Post a Comment