Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2018

Greyhound Dogs The Second RaceThe Brothers Riedell Have A Field Day



When we really saw what was going on there our eyes were opened and it really changed our perspective There is a darker underbelly to the greyhound racing world The reality for these dogs is once they stop racing through injury or age, if they
don't find a home oftentimes they're euthanized. I'm Joyce McRorie and I rescue greyhounds. I was I think in my 40's and I didn't have a dog,  I wasn't even thinking about race greyhounds and how they were or how they lived. But the temperament seemed to be perfect for me.

So I adopted, we adopted our first dog robber and he just was so human. And look you straight in the eye, those dogs will look you in the eye and they appreciate everything I think they just
appreciative dogs. I think they they really like to be with people. They're with
people almost their whole lives even when they're at the track they're with a trainer there but the very human and a very connected to you.

If  I'm stressed I
see it in in my dogs, you know and that calms me down. So the foster situation is better for the dog and better for the
person who adopts a dog because it comes from the track into a home. When it's in the home it becomes a pet.
We have a tremendous amount of people helping us out and every one of them is
sincere and honest. Hi this is Courtney calling with Fast Friends
greyhound adoption, how are you? I just wanted to go over retired racer basics and kind of
introduced you to retired racers and some information you need to know if
you do end up adopting a dog from us.

Sometimes we have foster homes for five
dogs sometimes we have foster homes for 20, sometimes we don't have any. We'll be going and we'll be bringing in at least 8 dogs on Saturday. He's only 16 months old so he's just full of himself aren't you? It's hard the first couple of times and
we lose people as fosters because they'll keep their foster and they only
want one dog and that's it.  When we first started we knew that the dogs we didn't take and
they weren't able to race anymore that they would be put down.

It was it was very
hard to leave them behind, you looking at the dogs that get done at the track, they're
ready to come home and there's no place for them to go. What do you do with that? You do the best you can and that's it and so we started a group up here sometimes we
have many as 60 dogs in foster homes. Once people have any connection with a
Greyhound, they don't walk away I mean it's just that the connection that they make
because I think they're they're very human. When we got to meet these dogs for the first time, it was literally like life-changing.

We've got to meet 4 of them at a time and then
we went to another place the where there was 24 of them. When we first met them we we sat on the floor and these four dogs came around us and just so innocently
inquisitively sniffed our faces and really connected with us and we fell in
love with these dogs. We both left we gotta get Greyhounds. Across the country, really in trouble in terms of  finding enough homes for these dogs.

And getting them into facilities or foster homes. So this dog pretty much will become extinct when there is the racing industry's gone which is you know it's kind of a mixed
blessing I guess. I think a bit beginning it was oh we're gonna rescue this dog, in the end it's boy do I have a great dog here. Maybe I'll get another one.

Some people maybe just get them because they
want to save a life but once we get the dog the most important thing is the dog
in a relationship they have with the dog. But it would be nice if we can just get it to where they're done already. Thank you Randy. Yeah Thank you Randy that's very good.

Anyway my hope is that at least we're we're concerned is that we can keep going until they
don't need us anymore. That would be lovely. Would be really nice and other videos
coming out today check out California city investigates the small city made from
big dreams and gaming brings you everything you need to know about hot
peppers hot peppers don't miss out on subscribing so you can see the
unbelievable holiday video made by Hazel haze in a few weeks will CNN..

Greyhound Dogs The Second RaceThe Brothers Riedell Have A Field Day

No comments:

Post a Comment