Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2020

News Trend Rice Bowl Sauces: Spicy Sriracha Peanut|Actual

Why make just one flavor of rice bowl sauce when you stumble upon a recipe for five?

Once I surveyed this quintet of delicious options, I set upon a plan to try them all.

This week's option is a spicy sriracha peanut sauce, which I paired with broiled beef, steamed broccoli, and sauteed shredded cabbage and carrots.

The sauce delivered on all notes - it was indeed pleasantly spicy, punched up with Sriracha and soy sauce, and fueled by rich, creamy peanut butter.

With a few tweaks, I believe I could successfully replicate the swimming rama peanut sauce on the Number 15 at Thai Tom's. And that would really be saying something.

And while I can always dream of ways to take this sauce to an even higher level, let me be perfectly clear: it's absolutely delicious just the way it is.

* * * * *

Ingredients & Directions:

Combine 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky), 1 teasponn sesame oil, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, and 1 to 2 tablespoons Sriracha, then blend until well-combined.

from the Kitchn

* * * * *

I've committed to a month of Rice Bowl Mondays, featuring each of the five sauces in the article. Here you go:

Orange Tahini

Spicy Sriracha Peanut

Mediterranean Olive Sauce

Hoisin Ginger

Herbed Goat Cheese

* * * * *

Thai Tom's is a hole-in-the-wall restaurant on the Ave in Seattle, and if you ever have the chance, go there. In the meantime, I highly recommend you read all about it.

Life Of A Math Teacher: Number 15

My Homemade Pad Thai

Seattle > The U District > the Ave > Thai Tom"s > Nirvana

Rice Bowl Sauce: Spicy Sriracha Peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment