Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

News Trend Sunset Chasers: Cuban Edition|Actual

Earlier this evening, we were heading into Old Havana on a different adventure. But when we wheeled round the corner and caught our first glimpse of the open air above the sea, all bets were off

"Amazing! Beautiful! Unbelievable!" I poured out every accolade I could conjur.

Now if I had been at home, behind the wheel of my own car, no doubt I would have dropped everything to get that shot. I've a long, well-documented history of sunset chasing. But as a backseat passenger in a foreign land, I didn't feel it was my place to demand a detour. So I sat back and prepared to drive through.

"You have your camera?" my host, Khairi, asked.

"Of course."  I don't leave home without it

Wordlessly, he spun us round, pulled onto a side street and drove us right straight to the edge of the land.

I jumped out of the car, finger on the shutter, and found this scene waiting for me.

I'm glad I got the shot, but I'm even happier to know that my Malaysian friend in Cuba chases sunsets too.

* * * * *

Check out more stories about my once-in-a-lifetime trip to Cuba and my wonderful friends who lived there:

I Will Bake You A Pie

Cuban Makan

Cuban Economics

El Malecon Cloudburst

A La Playa

Creepy Cuban Kudzu

Plaza De La Revolucion

Old Havana

Poolside in Havana

A Cuban Sunset Story

Sunset Chasers, Cuban Edition

The Puppy At The Castle

Old Havana On The Eve Of Fidel's Birthday

An ASEAN Celebration

Nayli's Bedroom

Varadero, Cuba

Winding Down

Dear Cuba

Aqil's Chicken

The Gentle Art Of Reframing

My Cuban Home

Tickled Pink

Full Circle

Chicken Drumsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment